Fire Destorys Unoccupied Oskaloosa Home
Oskaloosa, Iowa – An evening fire on Tuesday, March 12, results in a local home being a total loss. The home, owned by Cody Scholtus was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
According to a report by the Oskaloosa Fire Department, the fire originated in “the crawl space under the kitchen and made its way up an interior wall before breaking out in the attic.”
“The fire is believed to have started from an electrical issue from heat tape used in the crawl space,” the department’s report goes on to say.
The property is estimated at around $48,000.
No injuries were reported in the fire.
Seventeen firefighters were on scene with five pieces of apparatus. They were assisted by the Oskaloosa Police Department and Mahaska Health Partnership Emergency Services.