Vote Early By In-Person Absentee Until June 2 for Primary Election
Des Moines – Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz is reminding Iowans that they can vote early in-person by absentee ballot at the county auditor’s office through Monday, June 2 at 5 p.m. for the upcoming June 3 primary election.
“I encourage all eligible Iowans take full advantage of their right to vote by registering to vote and casting a ballot whether they do so early, absentee by mail or at the polls on Election Day,” Schultz said. “Every vote counts and it’s important that Iowans participate to make sure their voices are heard.”
Iowans that did not register to vote by the Friday, May 23, deadline may use election day registration procedures to register to vote and cast a ballot through Election Day on Tuesday, June 3.
Iowans looking to have voting resources at their fingertips can download the Iowa Secretary of State’s comprehensive app called Iowa SOS available for both Android and Apple devices. From the Iowa SOS app, Iowans can do the following:
- Check voter registration information
- Fill out the State of Iowa Official Voter Registration Form
- Find the correct polling place for the primary election
- Request an absentee ballot
- Track an absentee ballot
- Set email or calendar reminders for upcoming elections
- Report voter fraud
- Contact local County Auditors
- Contact the Iowa Secretary of State’s office